Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A man, a plan, a baby hat

Knitted Newborn Hat

Yarn: Dark Horse Yarns-Fantasy (50% nylon, 50% acrylic; worsted weight)
Colors: 31 and 33 (baby pink and dark rose)
Needles: US 8 circulars
Stitches: 54

I've now knitted this pattern five times. I've even done it in these exact colors. The differences with this FO are the moss stitch brim and, more importantly to me, no ugly seams or ladders where I split the stitches for magic loop knitting. Is it perfect? No, but it's as close as I've come in five attempts.

A baby doesn't care, of course, but I care. A lot. This will be going to friends who have no idea that I knit, so there was some additional pressure. It should be interesting to learn of their reaction when they get the hat in a couple days.

I needed a quick project like this to give me a tangible result and remind me of things I've forgotten. Now to find something new to add to my repertoire...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

soooooo cute! i'm definitely gonna have to make a few of these! and it reminds me that i also need to post pics of the ones i've made recently...i get so behind in the blogging. i have things to say and show, but i guess no time to do it! anyway, love love love the hat, mark!!

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really cute!

My little one was wearing her hat from you yesterday, I must remember to upload the pictures to my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home