Sunday, July 04, 2010

Independence

It's atypical for me to have the 4th of July off, but the Independence Day activity I have to cover every year was moved to the 3rd because the holiday fell on a Sunday. Or so I'm guessing. It's been weird to see how so many places just shifted their celebrations up or back a day as if the specific day was just a suggestion. Whatever the reasoning, I'll take the rare chance to enjoy the national holiday and rest up.

All in all, it was a pretty boring day from the outside looking in. I saw a mediocre movie, watched baseball on TV, went for an hour-long walk, and viewed a DVD from the stack of freebies I've accumulated. Actually, from the inside looking out it was fairly unexciting but that's OK. At least the day was mine to make boring.

Here's hoping you enjoyed the holiday and (at least for some of us) the one we're being extended from work tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home