Sunday, August 30, 2009

Turn, turn, turn

The calendar shows that it's still summertime, but today was distinctly fall-like here. Shorts and a t-shirt was a somewhat chilly ensemble to wear, especially when I went out for an early evening walk. It felt more like October than late August.

Autumn is my favorite season, so I don't mind if temperatures start turning a bit cooler, even though we've had a relatively mild summer. Fall weather may be what helps get me knitting with more regularity. That season's climate feels more appropriate for needles and yarn than the hot, humid days.

While I've kept busy during the summer, I don't feel like I've been especially productive in anything I do. Two weeks remain until classes resume at work, and while I'm not ready for the harried schedule that most assuredly awaits me then, I expect it may make me more efficient and creative.

There's nothing like limited time to turn on the pressure to utilize it best. The lazy days of summer have been needed. This season has served its purpose of giving me rest and relaxation. As the cooler air arrives and the academic year nears, it's time to knuckle down and get something done again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home