Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More knit flicks

From time to time I'll point out knitting in films. Here are a couple more...

Earlier this year I wrote about Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles and the knitting and yarn-related moments in it . This week the hard-to-see film was released on DVD. I'll issue again the warning I put in my earlier entry about the film: most of you are likely to find this serious art film extremely boring (which is, in one sense, the point). For more adventurous moviegoers only.

Speaking of which, apparently Pedro Almodóvar's first film, which I've never seen (and which probably hasn't been commercially available in the U.S.), has a knitting-related scene fitting of the unrestrained director. This solid piece about Almodóvar describes the outrageous scene thusly:
It became an after-hours cult hit at local cinemas, not least for an impromptu golden-shower scene that takes place in the middle of a knitting lesson.
How about something that maybe you've heard of or seen? In the classic Hollywood noir Double Indemnity Barbara Stanwyck's femme fatale mentions being a knitter. (We might see her knit briefly, but I don't remember as it's been more than a week since I watched it.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home