Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Three weeks

Today is the final day of my three week vacation. I know, nobody feels sorry for me about that.

The length of the vacation was chosen because I needed time off and needed to get away from the limit of vacation hours I can bank at work. I've never been one to use all the vacation time I've earned in a year, so it had been amassing into quite a large number.

The time away from the office has flown. The thirteen days and two thousand-plus miles on the road went by in a blur. These eight days at home have vanished fairly quickly too. What about all the stuff I wanted to do? I planned to read at least one book, but I didn't even crack one. I'd given some thought to straightening up my place. That didn't really happen.

No, I bummed around going to the movies, getting in some exercise, and spending a lot of time online and watching TV. It's been good to take it easy and ignore work (or as much as possible when e-mails and phone calls are received and must be addressed). Am I ready to go back? Not really but it's probably time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home