Thursday, August 27, 2009

Return to knit night

Until this evening I hadn't been to knit night in a long time, possibly since early March. There wasn't any particular reason for my extended absence other than my knitting had slowed considerably. As in practically nonexistent. What should I make? I don't know. OK, nothing it is.

I returned to knit night after my months-long layoff and cast on for a dishcloth, the old reliable project. Before I knew it nearly three hours were gone and I had probably 75% of the dishcloth finished. I hadn't planned on being there that long, but the time passed in the blink of an eye.

I felt it in the shoulder some from knitting so extensively, but I trucked along and was surprised how much I got done. That's easier when spending more time listening than talking, which was perfectly fine. It was like slipping into that mysterious persona of the secret knitter again.

I browsed some dishcloth patterns earlier in the day to see if I might find something different to do. While tonight's project of choice was the same basketweave pattern I followed on my last FO, my search uncovered a new pattern I'm going to knit. Looks like I'm getting back in the swing of it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

It was good seeing you again! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home