Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hitting the wall

It's the next to last day of the film festival, and the end couldn't come soon enough. I hit the wall today. Although I've rallied now, late at night, I'm ready to bid farewell to the event. It's mostly been a good time, but this much fun can be exhausting.

I knew I was in for a long day when I woke up and felt worn out. A morning coffee didn't perk me up for long, and a cappuccino didn't help me bounce back much either. There's only so much wear and tear one can take from low amounts of sleep, questionable nutrition, crowds of people, and lots of movies.

The biggest sign that I'm on the downswing occurred when I tried to write some notes about the previous three films I'd seen. I sort of blanked out when it came to put some thoughts to paper. At this time I was also feeling unreasonably distressed by a gloom and doom conversation a couple people in the theater were having. The economy, the worthlessness of politicians, outsourcing, solar flares that could wipe out the electrical grid for years...it was seriously depressing stuff. This overheard conversation was cartoonishly negative, yet even with acknowledging that, it was kind of getting to me hearing it in my weakened state.

I ditched the midnight session and plan on bypassing the 9 a.m. session on Sunday, meaning I'll "only" have four movies remaining to see before driving home. I think that ought to be doable, but I'm ready to get home to recover.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

Enjoy your last four movies and then hopefully several hours of restful sleep :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home