Saturday, March 21, 2009

Housekeeping

Since I'm trying to get in bed in time for five hours of sleep before rising for another day of film festing, let's keep this brief.

Hotel housekeeping...why do they go around so early and start knocking on doors? This morning they didn't get to mine while I was still in bed, but I know that the woman had already made it down at least half of the floor when she reached mine around 9:40 a.m. I suspect she started at 8 as I could hear the progress coming down the hall. Being a light sleeper is not advantageous at times like this.

The early housekeeping knock always drives me crazy, especially if I'm sleeping in even a bit. Granted, I realize that hotel guests are likely staying because they have other places to be at the start of the day, but it seems like the hotel is pushing it when they want to have someone clean the room when you're not even up and about for the day.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah my last hotel stay involved a barely audible knock and then housekeeping coming in. I barely had time to get to the door in time to say no thank you. Phew! If I am on vacation I am most definitely still sound asleep at 9am!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home