Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Drag days

Without knowing what I was clicking on, I followed a link that led to an article about the seven worst habits of workaholics.

First, I want to say that I have cut back on the amount of time I spend at work or doing work from home. Due to a variety of incidents through the years, I have learned that my job can and will consume me if I permit it to do so (and at times I have let it). Being salaried, single, and interested in what I do can be a dangerous combination, especially when adding in the movie stuff, which combines work, pleasure, and the potential for never-ending tasks. I'm working less than I used to, but without tallying up the hours, I probably still work a lot.

As regular readers should know, knitting has fallen by the wayside in recent months because time or energy has been in short supply. Good grief, I came home today and napped for two and a half hours. The academic quarter is nearly over, so it's sort of natural to feel that fatigue. Still, that's a sign of needing to dial back if I can.

I'm guilty of all but #6--drinking (too much)--on the list in the linked article, so maybe that should be the wake up call I occasionally need to take better care of myself. I haven't been feeling so hot lately--something I'll also chalk up to the weather and season--so I could use the reminder to get my act together again.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I refuse to do any of the items listed on the list ;) Perhaps forgoing sleep 3 times a year for absolutely crucial projects. I just know that if I don't do somethings like sleep and eat that I am um less than pleasant to deal with. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home