Sunday, January 11, 2009

Restoration

It's only one day, but I feel like I've regained a semblance of normalcy. No rushing around, no deadlines to meet, no leaving home for any significant amount of time. There was clothes and dish washing, pork tenderloin and vegetable roasting, cookie making, napping, football watching, and knitting. Ahhhhh.

I ripped out the seaman's cap that I started and twisted on the 1st. I was extra careful not to twist it this time. I had to watch the cast on row with an eagle eye, but the additional time was worth the trouble. Ten rows are finished, and the hat isn't twisted.

I'm using Shibui Baby Alpaca DK in the deep royal blue colorway. It's wonderfully soft and beautiful yarn. I went down a needle size to achieve stitch gauge, but I don't think I'm getting the proper row gauge. I don't foresee any problem other than having to knit more rows and potentially running out of yarn.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for no twisting! Isn't having a relaxing day wonderful?

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Whew -- ten rows and you should be in the clear. Looking forward to a picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home