Saturday, January 10, 2009

One week

It's sad but true that this week has been a ridiculously busy one. While I feel a little more energetic after collapsing for an hour and a half this afternoon, the truth of the matter is that I am whipped. So, for blogging purposes, I present a summary of the week's activities. This list is not intended to stir up sympathy but to fulfill my daily blogging requirement.

-Deal with the beginning of a new academic quarter, all of the attendant busywork, and the normal job duties.

-Create new set of internal rules regarding reported work study hours to deal with problem of overstated time and clarify what qualifies and what does not. (This is more complicated than it sounds.)

-View three films in the theaters. (For what it's worth, this is probably below my weekly average.)

-Write three reviews of films seen prior to this week.

-Complete all other pre-production work necessary for mounting a half-hour television show.

-Compose year-end nomination lists for two groups.

-Finish tallying one group's nominations and create online ballot.

-Write press release and everything else related to getting the word out to group's members and beyond.

-Attend group's awards party and reveal winners.

-Record half-hour podcast about the awards for alternative weekly newspaper.

-Keep official statistics for two college basketball games.

-Along with other people, meet up with two friends who moved to Seattle and whom I haven't seen in two years.

It's not a perfect measurement, but the average time I got home each day this week was probably 9:00/9:30 p.m. I was doing work the rare night I was home early. No wonder I haven't had the time or energy to knit or write about much of anything.

I have nothing on the books for Sunday, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to refuel a little before going right back to it Monday.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunday sounds like a definite candidate for a refuel day. Relax! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home