Monday, January 05, 2009

Knitting in the new year

The lack of knitting I've done since Christmas is indicative of the ridiculously busy schedule I must keep for the last week of the concluding year and first week of the new one. Right about now, when I'm supposed to be refreshed from a break, I'm dragging from the seemingly nonstop motion and the wear of knowing that there's more that needs to be done.

The one blip in my non-knitting came on New Year's Day when some of the knit night-ers gathered at a regular attendee's home for a potluck dinner and knitting. Yes, I went, even if it's not something I normally would feel inclined to do. Call it turning over a new leaf. Call it a momentary lapse in introversion.

Anyway, I cast on for a new hat for me. I was careful to check that I wasn't twisting my stitches on the first round and then proceeded to knit for another nine rounds. Well, my old problem of turning a hat brim into a Moebius strip appeared again. I'm going to blame it on the Options cable, which likes to curl on me, and the table, whose bad mojo claimed other knitters' projects that night.

Or, to put this entry in ten words, my knitting is stalled until some time gets freed up. Maybe I can find a little this weekend.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps your calling is to find a way to un-moebius a hat that has gone awry. That shall be your eternal claim to fame. How's that sound? :)

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My knitting so far in the new year has consisted of several iPod covers. Quick & easy. It's about all I'm feeling up to lately.

I have never had the Moebius problem but every time I read of your trouble with it I am afraid for it to appear!

Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home