Saturday, January 03, 2009

2009 knitting resolutions

All right, it's time to set some goals for another year of knitting. Let's begin with those I'm carrying over from last year.

-Learn how to do cables.

Learning how to do them so it's not a completely awkward process would be nice too.

-Figure out color work.

I considered axing this one from the list, but now is the time to be bold. Not living up to it is what the rest of the year is for.

-Finish the knitting needle covers and all other UFOs.

Seriously, I need to do this.

-Knit a sweater or sweater vest.


This has been a pie in the sky resolution the last two years. Give me until fall before encouraging me to follow through.

-Take better care of myself.

This should be a standard resolution every year, but I feel like I need to bounce back some in '09.

-Blog every day.

Nothing more than a continuation of last year.

Perhaps that's plenty, especially since I'm at a loss for what else to add except for one more resolution.

-Organize my stash.

Right now it's just a bunch of yarn, scraps, needles, ball bands, and pattern printouts dumped into a tub and a couple of bags. It's not useful at all. If this happens according to my typical apartment cleaning strategy, I'll think I should do it but ignore it until one day I just decide it needs to be done. I'm not feeling that urge at the moment.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Organizing your stash may suddenly inspire you to knit new things. :) Hooray for a sweater being on the list. I have a pattern around here somewhere for a men's sweater that's "forgiving" in it's fit. So say if one were to lost 10 lbs it should still fit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home