Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dishcloth redux

The A.V. Club Hipster Dishrag

Yarn: Lily The Original Sugar'n Cream (100% cotton; worsted weight)
Colors: Wine and Jute
Needles: US 7s
Stitches: 40

Two gifts ready to go in the mail and surprise an old friend.

You can see that the capital B in "Club" strains to appear, but there's not much I can do about that. The way the knits and purls sit side by side foils my best intentions, but it is there, even if it's easier to see when aware of its existence.

The first one took a little getting reacquainted to, but by the time I cast on for the second one late this morning, I was in the groove. With the pattern propped up on my knee, I knit as close to nonstop as possible, breaking only when I needed to stretch or get a piece of paper to help underline the row I was working on. Snow softly fell while I listened to the latest Lambchop and Animal Collective albums online and zoned out to this knit.

Not bad for a weekend's work.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done. I finally managed to knock out one of my sewing projects this weekend. :) It feels good to be done

 

Post a Comment

<< Home