Wednesday, December 24, 2008

In the nick of time

Indiana dishcloth

Yarn: Lily The Original Sugar'n Cream (100% cotton; worsted weight)
Color: Jute
Needles: US 7s
Stitches: 38

Santa's workshop was able to knit up this dishcloth before The Big Day arrives. It's for a brother who lives in, all of places, Indiana. Imagine that!

It was kind of a crazy day for me. I woke up to what looked like monsoon season. Then I dithered around my apartment all morning waiting for a UPS delivery while fearing that my delayed departure was setting me up for all manner of snow, ice, and other wintry weather on the drive to my parents' home.

I did find one of the few Rax restaurants still in existence, but it seems crass to write about that on Christmas Eve. I'll touch upon it in a future post.

My four-hour drive was uneventful but definitely patience-testing. Snow and ice are all over the place here. As long as I'm not traveling in it, I'm fine with it.

This knit was done in record time. I didn't figure the brother who is receiving it would be paying attention, so I knit it in the open. From start to finish, it took me less than two hours, which I can hardly believe. It isn't difficult or large but still...

Christmas Eve service was moved up to 9 p.m. (Hallelujah!) It always seems akin to an out of body experience to go to these because my mom's church is small, and there's the distinct feeling that I've witnessed the service before. Of course, I have attended this service before. Her message was a repeat, although not to this congregation. (Apparently she delivered the same sermon at a different church six years ago. I thought it sounded awfully familiar.)

I have presents to wrap, the cattle are lowing, and Santa ought to be dropping by any moment. Merry Christmas to you.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home