Sunday, December 14, 2008

Stuck

I've cut back significantly on the Christmas knitting this year. I'm finding that decision to be a great relief. I've been in a bit of a knitting funk this December and am taking longer than usual to finish things. I've been busy, although when am I not? Maybe it's having fewer free evenings that has slowed me down. Whatever the reason, it's been a good thing that I haven't had a deadline to work hard to meet.

Or maybe that's the problem. Without a pressing need to get things done, I'm not completing them. OK, so the Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks scarf for my sister-in-law has had enough backwards movement and requires so much increased concentration that it's easier not to pick it up than to knit it. So yeah, I'm kind of stuck.

I am getting the itch for small, quick projects in time for the holiday, though. (By quick I mean something that can be done in one sitting.) Any recommendations? Quick knits for guys--mom's the only female in the house until my sister-in-law arrives--are most needed.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quick knits for guys - Knucks, hats and willie warmers. That's all I know of off the top of my head. I am pushing myself to finish my wrap for my company party this weekend.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simple fingerless mitts? I really like Yarn Harlot's Unoriginal Hat, I'm on hat number 6 or something. I've actually knitted one in an evening, but most take a few days due to interrupted knitting time.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

These all may require more time than I was thinking (2-3 hours, maybe). Thanks, though. And willie warmers...that won't be happening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home