Saturday, December 06, 2008

Edits

I considered declaring my first FO of this week's new secret project good enough, but I think I've figured out how to use knitPro to get the final result I desire. Although one page of standard graph paper isn't big enough for plotting the pattern, I've pulled it and the colored pencils out to give me something more flexible than the monochrome knit landscape pattern printout that the free program produced.

I think that I've corrected what I didn't account for on the first go-round. Plus, I may be able to translate the pattern into stitches without having to knit a row and then write the next one. This will go much faster if I'm able to write the entire thing and then follow my directions. Doing the pattern in two colors on the graph paper will be a lot easier to decipher than the black, white, and multiple gray shades I worked from the first time.

Speaking of edits, I might as well point out that I've scrubbed this blog of the single link to my other site and, for the time being, removed the primer in the sidebar that provided links to entries about significant moments in my knitting progress. In the case of the former, there's something that has me a little creeped out that made me want to cut the most direct (and readily accessible) evidence of my identity. The primer has been removed for a similar reason, although I think it's more likely to reappear eventually. I hadn't updated it in forever anyway.

On a completely unrelated note, I found out that this blog appeared in a Penn State University newspaper opinion piece about Obama being in touch with popular culture. In my coverage of The Arcade Fire's free show in support of Obama during the March primary, I relayed that the lead singer mentioned that the candidate had called him. It's nice to receive credit, as this blog was named as the source of the information. How strange and amusing for what I wrote to end up where it did.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with this go round. :)

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Looking forward to the latest FO in progress.

Have not been commenting much lately but am consistently reading and enjoying your writing. I for one do not mind the mix of knitting and other life stuff, movies, around town pics, etc.

I can see how it was simultaneously cool yet unnerving to be linked as you were.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Yikes! If you'd like to share the story about removing the links, shoot me an IM. I'm terribly curious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home