Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Out of season

It's been a busy day here with nothing worth writing about, but I thought I'd found the answer in a Christmas meme. The more questions I saw, the more familiar it seemed...and for good reason. Shoot.

There are only sixteen days remaining until Christmas (and closer to fifteen considering the late hour at which I'm writing this), but it just doesn't feel like that time of the year for some reason. Work at the office has been less, but work involving staring at silver screens has increased. About the only person I run into is the janitor, who's bored beyond belief with it being break. Half the time I feel like I don't know if I'm coming or going. The weather has been cold and spit some light flurries, but mostly it's just gray and dull outside with a lack of precipitation that sticks. Overall, it's just not very festive.

Outside of my feverish work on the secret project, knitting time has been sparse of late. I've needed knit night to get something done at all. It's nice not to have that knitting deadline hovering over me, but I think having it did make me more mindful of what time of the year it is. Right now it's more like a seasonal limbo.

Does it feel like the holiday season to you yet?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it's definitely the holiday season. I got that sinking pit feeling in my stomach last night that my gift for the boy will be deemed frivolous. :)

We also have our house reasonably decorated and it makes me smile. Now if the snow would stick to the grass and the houses but stay off the roads, that would be perfect. Do you think we could order that up?

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

I can get on board with that.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll put in a 'me too' on the snow sticking to the grass and houses but staying off the roads and sidewalks idea. I love snow, just please plow/shovel so we can get around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home