Thursday, December 04, 2008

On and off the needles

The secret project, an item of my own design, is finished. Overall I'm happy with it despite the knitPro pattern image looking squashed a bit when translated into actual stitches. I'm wondering if I should have used the landscape size instead of portrait. Now that I've looked at that option, I probably should have. Maybe a second attempt at the secret project will be made. I sort of know what I'm doing now. If I knew how to do do Fair Isle, it would make the finished result snazzier, that's for sure.

After mostly not knitting the Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks scarf for my sister-in-law these past two weeks, I made some good progress at knit night tonight. I'm probably halfway done. I lost track of rows the last two times I sat down with the scarf, so I pulled out the row counter to avoid having to frog this thing. I'm pleasantly surprised that I've been able to undo p3tog, but I'd rather not do it again if I can help it.

I can't believe that Thanksgiving was a week ago. The past few days, filled with awards screenings and the arrival of several screeners, means I have plenty to do work-wise and enough knitting-wise in the three weeks leading to Christmas. Time flies, doesn't it?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I am intrigued by your secret project and hope we get to see it sometime soon.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey if you learn how to do Fair Isle you can show me. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home