Sunday, December 07, 2008

Stitch by stitch

My second pass at designing the secret project is finished. Now comes the knitting.

While I'm glad to be done with coloring in graph paper boxes, counting them, and trying to keep track in my head which stitches should be purls and which should be knits, it was fun to plot the points and convert them into directions. The practice I got on the first attempt made this redesign go faster. I wouldn't call it quick, though.

I may have to learn how to do Fair Isle after all as I believe this would look really nice in two colors rather than the one, but let's take this one step at a time. This month is already speeding by. If I want to finish the secret project in a reasonable period of time, I better stick to what I know how to do.

In addition to changing to ratio so that I had fewer stitches but more rows, I'm doing an inverse image so that the main design elements are raised on the surface. In essence the design is on what would ordinarily be thought of as the wrong side. Yeah, I realize this will mean more when I'm not speaking in unknown generalities. All in good time.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Tee hee hee. You are cracking me up!

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! :) I need to draw up a pattern for some words tonight. Gotta get a quick knit done by next Tuesday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home