Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Drifting

What a good day for wearing one's knitted projects. The temperature before sunrise was worth pulling out the winter coat, although I resisted and just busted out my hat. It seems like we skipped over fall and went directly to winter, although it's supposedly going to be in the 60s on Friday, so who knows what's up with the weather around here.

I was also wearing my own self-knit socks, in part because I could use any small comforts available while slogging through an extra-long work day. (It was just an hours eater of a day that had its share of slow, time-killing stretches.)

I need a good pattern for men's slippers as I think that's what I'm going to make for my dad for Christmas. (Take note that I said slippers, not socks.) If you know of something, particularly a pattern knit in the round, let me know.

I know that awhile ago I said that I wasn't necessarily planning on doing much holiday knitting. OK, I won't be knitting for my two youngest brothers unless they tell me otherwise. Is that better?

I haven't taken a close look at this list of 653 patterns for as little as one yard of yarn and as many as 285, but I imagine it must be an indispensable resource for using up leftover yarn.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Ruth's Place said...

Thanks for the link to the patterns. I'll have to check it out when I have a few spare minutes (hours).

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think these slippers look pretty awesome. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/suede-sole-slippers

Not sure how much they cost though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home