Sunday, October 26, 2008

Slacking for the weekend

In the comments to yesterday's post Donna informs me that ripping out from the cast on row down doesn't work. If I think about it, this makes sense, but it seemed like a rational way to go about correcting the problem. Oh well. I'll fiddle with the other end of the sock later this week.

Not much to report knitting-wise. I've finished about twenty percent of the Christmas gift scarf for my brother. It's nothing fancy--just moss stitch--but the texture makes it look and feel more intricate than it really is. If I were willing to make a big proclamation, I'd say that's a key part of my aesthetic. I'll hedge on making such broad strokes, though.

I think it's been awhile since I opened things up for "ask the secret knitter" questions, not that there's been a moratorium in place. Because I anticipate this week producing a shortage of blog-worthy activity, I'll make a pitch for questions serious, silly, or somewhere in between, with the stipulation that I reserve the right not to answer ones that I'd rather not answer. I'll post my responses whenever I'm feeling like I don't have anything to write, but I'll try to be timely about it.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I gave you a bogus solution. Bring it to knit night this week and I will have another go at it. I managed to finish the sock I was working on last week so I won't be so distracted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home