Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Perspective prescription

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about these crazy times and the relation of my bad mood to them. I should clarify that I'm not worried...yet...about what the economic chatter might mean. (Maybe it's because I don't really understand it.) I was griping because I was tired and grumpy from a couple long work days and having my break from the grind being an aggravation due to concertgoers intent to ruin the experience. Plus, being in a battleground state, it's hard to avoid the mudslinging in the Presidential campaign. (Is it me or has this been a really nasty campaign?)

Nevertheless, your comments reminded me to be thankful for what is in my favor. I am debt-free. I own my car. My job should be relatively secure, although there's the potential for things to get dicey if a tax issue fails on Election Day. Where I call home should not be threatened even if things take a dip because the rental company is fairly big and appears to be doing well, not that I have any way of knowing. The latest polls regarding Obama's likelihood of winning are heartening, although who knows if they can be trusted.

Sure, work can take the wind out of my proverbial sails, especially at the beginning of the week. While it can be tiring, I feel like things there have stabilized (mostly) and are on an upswing after a rocky couple of years. I also feel like I'm doing better work and being more valuable to the students. I never really know how I'm doing, and I can be extremely tough in evaluating myself. So for me to acknowledge this is saying something.

I could continue to fume about a certain knitting site that's been stealing my posts for months (and will probably swipe this one), but that's wasted energy. I'll have another crack at not having the concert experience ruined when I see My Morning Jacket and Fleet Foxes next week. (Yes, it's ridiculous that I'll have gone to three shows in ten days. No complaints here.) For better or worse, the Presidential hysteria will be over in little more than a month. (It will, right?)

Sorry, no knitting to report as I haven't had time for it since Sunday. I'll try to get back on task and be more pleasant next time.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your week ends on a high note. Perhaps the brisk autumn morning air will bring a smile to your face. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home