Thursday, September 25, 2008

Socked

What day is it? No, really, remind me.

OK. Got it.

Last week and this week have been a blur. October's almost here?! Since when?! My work isn't physically demanding, but the mental rigors and wear and tear from dealing with emotional 18-to-22-year-olds can be draining, especially at the school year's beginning. I'm wiped out already.

Of course, I started knitting to help reduce work-related stress. Despite feeling more like going home and collapsing tonight, I headed from the office to knit night. I needed some dedicated knitting time, and this was as good of a reason as any to squeeze some in. I'm no less tired from having gone, but I do have some nice progress on the sock to show for it. That'll work.

I'm ready to turn the heel and then pick up stitches, so I'm hoping that I might finish the first sock this weekend. I was thrown a little by the instructions for knitting the heel flap. Rather than just knitting half the stitches, the pattern calls for knitting a quarter of them, purling half of them, and then working the flap. Now I understand the reason for such stitch rearrangement, but it took several moments for logic to cut through my mental fog.

I think the sock is looking pretty good so far. I'm very pleased with my knitting, so there's a lot riding on picking up the stitches and not leaving any holes. Don't mess it up now! If mistakes are to be made, they can wait for tomorrow, by which time I should have slightly refilled the tank.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sock looks great. Good luck with the picking up stitches today. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home