Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Scraping

Since I don't know how many of you read the comments--and since I responded late in the game--I wanted to follow up on last night's venting. As I wrote in the comments to that post:
I don't believe that common courtesy is dead, but I do think that acting with disregard for others in public is more prevalent. Perhaps society as a whole will figure out how to integrate technology and politeness. Maybe it won't.

But so help me, with as much time as I'm in movie theaters, I've observed plenty of thoughtless behavior. Age doesn't play into it either. I've seen senior citizens answering phone calls and carrying on conversations from their seats.

Anyway, I was pretty steamed about those jokers last night.
That's not much of a post for today, but I'm worn out from a very busy day. I'll also cop to being exhausted by Presidential politics, predictions of economic doom and gloom (and worse), and astonishingly inept Cincinnati Bengals football. (OK, I'm joking about that last one, but watching that bumbling team is as close as one can come to getting depressed from spectator sports.)

So I'm going to watch some TV and try to recharge for tomorrow. How are you holding up in this most interesting and most vexing of times?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Gosh, it's hard. I lay awake this morning before the Archer-alarm went off worrying about what would happen if our bank failed.

I have to focus on the positive -- I'm not about to lose my house, my job is about as secure as it gets, we own our cars free and clear. Too much to do to obsess about what might happen.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

Fair enough. Thanks for putting it in perspective.

Note to self: don't write when tired.

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just remaining blissfully optimistic that everything will work out in due time. Oh and I am knitting instant gratification things and starting new craft projects. On a good note, I have so much crafty fun stuff hanging around my house I could entertain myself for a year+ if my entertainment budget had to be cut for basic needs. :)

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Karen said...

How am I doing in these vexing times? Better than many others, I would say. My job in public education isn't going anywhere. I have medical insurance. I make enough to pay my bills, and live within my means. In other words, I'm blessed. Do I worry about the future? Certainly. There are some domestic issues with my family taking most of my energy right now (court/custody/child support things) so like Donna, I can't obsess about the "what if's" of Wall Street right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home