Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Independent study

So I write about learning and stuff, which leads to the inevitable question of what I want to learn. That's a good question and one without an easy answer.

Despite the goals I set for myself and have achieved with some success, my path through the knitting world has not had clearly defined objectives. I've just kind of wandered into this foreign land and done whatever strikes me at the moment. It might be something I'm curious to do or something suggested to me. It might come out of the blue, like the desire to finish my first pair of socks after putting it off for over a year.

I have some patterns in my Ravelry queue, but it's probably in need of some pruning. I don't look at that part of my notebook very much. What do I want to learn? Beats me.

For the time being I'm enjoying knitting socks. I'm going to need to finish my Red Scarf Project donation relatively soon. Beyond that, I can't say what I want to knit or learn. It's not a big deal. It's probably how I can keep a manageable stash since I don't hoard yarn in the hope of figuring out what to use it for later.

If pressed to name some things, I suppose I ought to learn intarsia so I can bring some conclusion to my first design experiment. That would also come in handy for a Blue Jackets scarf idea I've been kicking around. Or maybe Fair Isle is better. I have no idea.

I would like to learn how to join two colors seamlessly (if that's the proper word). And I probably ought to figure out how to do that blasted single crochet and back stitching so I can finally complete the formerly secret projects.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mastering Intarsia and Fair Isle techniques are on my list. That way I can potentially finish the baby blanket I designed about 2 years ago. Sigh. I can't believe it's been almost two years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home