Wednesday, October 22, 2008

As simple as that

Brainless knitting...the refuge of the tired, unmotivated, or unimaginative knitter. Yep, the post-work nap requiring, creative knitting-avoiding person, that's me at the moment.

I've started a Christmas gift scarf for one my brothers. He received the first I made. I offered to make another to atone for my shaky newbie skills. I've started on it, but the pattern is nothing more than moss stitch. Nothing to think about. That's fine by me, but it won't make for riveting reading.

I'm also going to make a new scarf for his wife. Maybe by the time I get to it I'll feel like messing with cables, but right now I see them in patterns and get tired. Cables have been mostly demystified, even if I've never finished the dishcloth I was learning/practicing them on. Still, they look like way too much effort...or more than I feel like exerting.

For no reason in particular, here's a better photo of the baby hat I made a couple days ago.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could go for simple knitting right now. I am just in the mood to crank out a lot of Christmas gifts so I can get back to making myself awesome items. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home