Saturday, May 03, 2008

An off day

I've been looking forward to this weekend and the chance it presents to slow down from the hectic pace of late. A rainy Saturday is good for that. I opened the sliding door on the west side of my apartment and let in the cool air. As I drifted into and out of an afternoon nap I listened to the wind blow through the trees and rain fall gently. The Canadian geese honked their songs while the smaller birds chirped.

For a much greater portion of the evening than I care to admit I played online against two of my brothers in Mario Kart Wii. Ah, the joy of beating siblings hundreds of miles away. I didn't win every time, just enough to rub it in.

There is knitting and writing to be done, but that will be for another day. Today was all about turning off the brain and recharging my batteries.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

We all need off days like that ..

I wish my Saturday was like that .. instead my truck battery decided to explode.

Found your blog via ravelry .. keep up the good work ..

Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home