Thursday, May 01, 2008

Clean-up duty

Ballband Dishcloth

Yarn: Lily The Original Sugar'n Cream (100% cotton; worsted weight)
Colors: Bright Navy and Hot Orange
Needles: US 7s
Stitches: 45

April produced just one FO, but early on the first day of May I finished this beauty. I aimed for University of Illinois colors since I began knitting this while in Champaign-Urbana. It seemed like the thing to do. Although this isn't a color combination I would ordinarily use, I'm fond of how these colors work together in the dishcloth.

This was a nice starter project for working with two colors at once. It doesn't seem like the technique should work but it does. Yes, I'm easily impressed, but I'm now able to believe I might be able to knit things with colorwork that I've figured is beyond my limited capabilities. I think I'll sit back and admire this one a little longer.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Doniamarie said...

Very nice! I'll have to try one of these soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home