Friday, April 25, 2008

Out of time

Quick hits before getting much-needed sleep after a full day at the film festival:

I started knitting a ballband dishcloth in the University of Illinois colors today. It's looking really sharp, if I do say so myself. Since working with two balls of cotton can take up some space, I'm limiting myself to how much I knit at my seat so that it isn't a hassle for me or anyone else. If the weather is nice in the morning, I hope to knit outside while waiting in line to enter the theater for the day.

I've been largely absent on Ravelry over the last month or two because of being busy with everything else, but I did find a thread about this film festival on there. Today I spotted a fellow Raveler and dropped by to say hello. She'd said where she usually sits and what her husband looks like, so it wasn't too hard to find the person who met these criteria. And the knitting (or crocheting) helped too.

Saturday is going to be even more brutal in regard to when I crawl back to the hotel to get a few winks for the night, so I fear this is the best I'll be able to muster here tomorrow too.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Hey, a Ravelry connection! Cool. I was wearing my buttons and t-shirts on my recent vacation hoping to make new friends, but aside from the flight attendant who thought my 2-at-a-time Jaywalkers were mittens, no knitting encounters were had. I didn't even get much notice for knitting at the poker table. :)

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Karen said...

How fun to find a fellow Raveler!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home