Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More errata

The only reason why I should bother writing today is to direct you to Donna's entry about the internet and knitting. Seriously, check it out.

But there is a minor knitting development here, so I guess I'll tap out a few more words tonight. Remember my frustration with errata? I hadn't bothered knitting again until this evening. I went to knit night and cast on for the third time on this project.

The problematic row seemed to be progressing just fine, although I did get distracted by conversations and had to keep counting to make sure I had done everything I was supposed to do. The increasing and decreasing is a real drain on my knitting speed, but I figure that I'm better off keeping things slow until it becomes more like second nature.

And then I found that my count was off. Ugh, not again. I counted one direction and the other. I retraced my steps several times. No matter how I looked at it, the stitches weren't adding up. This was quite distressing. Then it hit me. There's a good chance that the errata page is wrong too.

After a little experimenting, the shop's owner told me that the number of stitches doesn't work out. I think I know what it should be, which is surprising in its own right, but we'll see what the book's author has to say. It's just nice to know that this time the error might not be one I made. No sweat. I have plenty of 'em on reserve.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home