Tuesday, May 20, 2008

C squared

The pattern designing continues. The example above is relatively close to what I want, but it needs to be squashed down a little more. The wishbone C appears too circular. The weird thing is that it looks more compact than another one I drew using the same measurements. (You can ignore a few of the errors I made in this sketch. I had a momentary lapse of concentration when marking each of those tiny squares.)

Of course, the question is if this pattern will be sufficient since the knit and purl stitches should be larger than the size of each of these boxes. This is when I start outsmarting myself and getting hopelessly confused. The square is 45 stitches x 30 rows, or 3 13/16" in a practical measurement.

I'm slightly tempted to just start knitting and discover what I produce as the stitches accumulate, but the thought of doing half of this and finding that I've made critical miscalculations gives pause. And to think I assumed this would be a relatively simple design. Decisions, decisions...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home