Saturday, May 17, 2008

In search of

I found out that a new LYS nearby opened recently. Since I'll soon be in need of yarn for another project, I thought I'd check it out. Maybe they would have the elusive linen for the hand towel patterns in Mason-Dixon Knitting.

Well, maybe not. They stocked a linen blend and hemp, both of which would do the trick, but some sticker shock on my part had me leaving without making a purchase. In my inexpert opinion the shop stocks nice yarns and has ample room to display more. The prices were higher than what I was looking to spend today for hand towels, but I'll be back to browse.

At this point Knit Picks CotLin appears to offer the most bang for my buck. I'll place an order once I determine what colors I would like together in a chevrons pattern.

The hand towel has rejuvenated me knitting-wise. I'd been in a project rut, but this one has whatever I was seeking. The pattern sharing the same page in the book has some instructions unfamiliar to me, so it ought to be interesting to see how I fare learning something new.

Contrary to my expectations, I don't think I'll have an FO tomorrow. This was not a productive knitting day, but I'm closer than I anticipated being one week after beginning the project. Whatever the case, I feel like I'm back in form again.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home