Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Here I go again

I know I promised a dishcloth FO photo for today, but by the time I was ready to take it the light outside wasn't good. Another day...

I haven't gone to the knit night in forever--I haven't even been to the LYS since December--and decided against going this evening despite having it free because I feel like I'm project-less. What am I working on? Good question. I'm still about halfway through a never-ending blanket, which isn't conveniently portable. (I'm also unsure of the whole LYS etiquette of using yarn bought elsewhere, so why bother?) And, um, that's it for the time being.

Faced with a knitting gap, I'm looking for another project...and coming up empty-handed. I paged through several new additions at Ravelry, but unless I develop a sudden need to make a woman's cardigan, it wasn't much help. Of course, I don't even know where to begin with what I want to knit next.

I don't have the mental energy to devote to socks. They take forever, and then you have to knit another one. Maybe once the academic year is over I'll try my hand at them again but not now. Which leaves...what?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger Ruth's Place said...

The Knitting Daily blog is doing an series of posts on knitting for men, there may be something in there that you like.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Knit with whatever you want at knit nite. No one will keep track of where you bought your yarn. If they do, they have too much time on their hands!

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could take that alpaca you have in your stash and make some knucks. That would be a fairly quick knit and give you something to knit at knit night if you choose to go next week. :) Check out the experimental pattern search on Raverly. It makes it a little more easy to find patterns to go with your yarn.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Oh, yeah, manly fingerless gloves. The perfect solution!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home