Thursday, February 28, 2008

The fever

Here's the cozy hard at work. It may take a little stretching to easily slide over a coffee cup, but it will fit around a medium. My small gift was warmly received. May it be put to good use from here on out.

Today was a big mail day. I was really excited to open the box to find my media pass for the upcoming film festival and, more importantly, my Knit Picks order. The four skeins of Elegance in Cornflower were practically calling out to me because one of the first things I did after walking in the door of my apartment was to begin knitting with the yarn.

It was like the yarn had cast a spell on me. I couldn't wait to start using it, even though I only had about an hour before I needed to head out again. I started the scarf and was ridiculously happy to be working on this project. I'm not sure what came over me. Perhaps it is because I've not knit as much lately because of all the other time eaters. Perhaps it is because I really feel motivated to knit this scarf in particular. Whatever the reason, I would have sat there and knit that thing the rest of the night if I hadn't had somewhere else to be. I'm ready to stop blogging this moment and resume knitting this scarf.

I have the fever, and the only prescription is more knitting, not more cowbell.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got knitting fever! :) Enjoy it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home