Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yarn yearnings

Knitting time (or free time in general) may be virtually nonexistent these days, but I stole some minutes to order yarn for a scarf I hope to begin once it arrives. I decided to go with Knit Picks Elegance in cornflower. It should be a nice contrast with my dark blue overcoat and might even match some of the tweedy bits in my hat. I'm glad Knit Picks has a warehouse in a nearby suburb because I want this yarn now!

In response to one theory about my Moebius strip twists in the round, I don't think it is due to unintentional yarn overs. I haven't had any extra stitches, which I would definitely notice. It almost seems as though it has to do with how the cable is coiled in the loop splitting the stitches. Another possibility is that I'm simply losing my mind and seeing a problem that isn't there, but that can't be the case if the twist exists when the project is off the needles. Anybody want to call me in as being sick tomorrow so I can take some much-needed time off and get to the bottom of this mystery?

As much as I'm complaining, I really shouldn't. It sounds as though my dad's surgery went well today. My mom has to sleep at the hospital because of the amount of snow they've received over there. My recent days have seemed long and tiring, but both of them had to put up with a lot more than I've had to. Even the snow here is nothing in comparison. We've been getting flurries practically every day for the last week or two, but they are mere dustings that are gone before you know it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Doniamarie said...

Let us know what you think of the Elegance - I don't think I've tried that one yet. Maybe you should call in sick.... It sounds like a day of knitting is just what you need!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home