Sunday, August 19, 2007

Salvaged

Texas dishcloth

Yarn: Lily The Original Sugar 'n Cream (100% cotton; worsted weight)
Color: Delft blue
Needles: US 7s
Stitches: 38

An FO! It's been such a long time. I cast on and knit a few rows after writing yesterday's blog entry, but I knit almost all of it this afternoon. It's not quite big enough to meet the Dish Rag Tag size specifications, not that I'm going to knit this pattern for the race. I feel like I should be able to crank out a dishcloth the same day I get the box, though. Is my mojo back? I hope.

This was a day for salvaging. Last night I got home from a cookout and discovered that some runny filling from the blackberry pie I made had dripped all over my shirt and shorts. (This happened en route from my car to my apartment, not at the party.) I thought that the stains might be impossible to get out. It didn't help that I was out of stain remover.

This morning I saw that blackberry pie residue had also dripped on one of my car seats. Picture above my head a cartoon thermometer with the sound of a slide whistle accompanying the rising mercury. I bought Zout Action Foam to do battle with the stains. To my amazement, I didn't see a trace of blackberries on my clothes when I took them out of the washer. Guess what's going on the shortlist for this year's Archies.

Google Desktop will be on that list too. The tool was a saving grace when I couldn't get a wireless signal in Arkansas, and it helped me get to information I needed this weekend while my work e-mail was inaccessible. I would have shown up late to the cookout, but Google Desktop let me search my computer for an old e-mail I had viewed on it.

These minor wins have given me the courage to sew my messenger bag strap. I need to find a sewing tutorial--something as basic as how to start--and then I think I'm ready to take the plunge with blanket stitch.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

love the dishcloth - feels good to have an FO, eh?

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SUCH a cool dishcloth! I'm definitely going to have to make a few of those.... Congrats on the FO!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Karen said...

That is so cool, Mark! What a great FO! And even better, a laundry victory. Your lucky day indeed! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home