Saturday, August 18, 2007

State of the dishcloth

I'm still in a fix over my latest knitting-related calamities, but it's time to do something to get me going again. I need to get something on the needles and knit. It doesn't matter what. I dropped by the local yarn store earlier today to see what they had. It didn't matter that I saw some yarns I might want to get. I have no projects in mind, so it's hard for me to buy yarn when I don't know how much I might need.

If I haven't been knitting socks, a struggle that has produced more heartaches than successes, I've been working with cotton. It's time to return to old reliable: the dishcloth. I could use some for myself, but I'm going to knit one for my brother and sister-in-law first. They live in Texas, so what could be more appropriate than a dishcloth adorned with their state?

I am dissatisfied to have fallen into a knitting rut so quickly after a vacation full of needle work. I like to get things done, yet I can't honestly claim to have achieved any FOs in nearly two months. (Single socks don't count in my book, especially if one of said socks is too big.) Hopefully something simple and small will turn me around.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

ah yes, the good ol' trusty dishcloth...my favorite rut-breaker : ) the texas one should be cool when it's done...can't wait to see.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Looking forward to seeing the FO!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Doniamaria said...

A Texas dishcloth?! Really?!! I must see this! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home