Monday, July 16, 2007

You say it's your birthday

I didn't want to resort to doing the meme I found on Jennifer's blog, but it's all I have the energy for after spending a good part of this evening unpacking and arranging CDs and books. (I get tired thinking about what to do with the DVDs.) Plus, I repacked the few things I'd unpacked in my office at work because the furniture company came to rearrange the layout per my request. I'll take the burst of unexpected housekeeping--I certainly should have done this before now--but it means the brain's ready to go into shutdown mode.

The rules:

Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday month and day only. Then post 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that occurred on your birthday, then tag 5 friends.

September 7, here we come:

Events:
1927 - The first fully electronic television system is achieved by Philo Taylor Farnsworth.
1969 - Monty Python's Flying Circus records first episode.
1998 - Google was co-founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were students at Stanford University.

Birthdays:
1533 - Queen Elizabeth I of England
1936 - Buddy Holly, American singer

Holidays:
Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822).

Wikipedia doesn't list it, but as I hinted in my eight random things entry, it is the last possible day for Labor Day.

Play along if you so desire.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

hey, these meme's come in handy when you need something to blog about, right? thanks for playing along : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home