Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Quick knits

I've barely been able to keep my eyes open since getting home tonight, so I'll make this a quick entry.

My first adult-sized sock looks to be coming along nicely. I wanted to work on it more tonight, but four rounds was all I could manage. It was so cold in my office today that I wore a coat to combat the chill. Sitting in that for most of the day has obviously sapped my energy.

I'm very pleased with the cuff's stretchiness. I cast on too tightly for my first practice sock, but my WIP seems to be exactly how it should be. I almost didn't leave a sufficient long tail for the cast on--I doubt I could make one more stitch--but everything worked out.

The variegated yarn may create slanted circular stripes. We'll see once I've knitted more of it.

Depending how tomorrow goes, I might also cast on for a different pair of socks. I'm anticipating receipt of my Knit Picks order.

I bought my first knitting book the other day. Stitch 'n Bitch Nation came in today's mail. I'm not sure how much of it I'll use, but at 80% off at Amazon, it was worth adding to my library.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

yay for the stitch n bitch nation purchase...that book, along w/ the original stitch n bitch book, has proven to be a fantastic tool for me as a knitter...i can almost always find the instructions i need for whatever i'm stuck on and the patterns are fun, too.

wtg on starting another sock and what's this i hear about plans to start another? have the crazy sock knitters gotten to you afterall? ;)

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Welcome to the dark side, friend. Mwahahahahahahahaha

I'll catch up with you when I get back from my trip. :-D

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

I have the first Stitch 'n Bitch book from the library, so I'm all set for stitching and bitching.

Don't worry, the crazy sock knitters haven't turned me. I'm just interested in having a couple projects in the works. I'll have to hold off on starting another since it appears my order hasn't shipped yet.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Amanda D Allen said...

wow you're going to finish your sock before I get my hands on some yarn and a pattern. In the future I'll have to work on being a better knit-along buddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home