Friday, April 27, 2007

Divide and conquer

Not much time to write today as the festival is keeping me plenty busy, but I had to pop in to show that I have my cast on row situated on three dpns. I'm ready to join in the round, which shouldn't be too difficult since I've been reading and rereading the instructions in the book.

Knitting was on hold for most of yesterday as the time between the first and second films was shorter than expected, and the break between the second and third was devoted to getting deep dish pizza with some festival friends at a place near the university. You know it must be good if the menu lists preparation times ranging from thirty to fifty minutes depending on which kind of pie you order.

I met another knitter while waiting in line for the theater to open. Another grandmother or someone in that age range, of course. She told me that I had located the yarn shops in town, so if I wanted or needed anything, they would have to do.

On the celeb spotting front, I've seen actors Gil Bellows and Scott Wilson here. Alan Rickman was at the festival for a post-film discussion last night, but I'm pretty sure he was whisked in before it and taken away immediately after. You never know, though. Perhaps I'll run into him around the theater.

Those of you in the sock knitting cult should know that Kristin has warned me to watch out for you all. She is not a true believer and even used "cult" to describe your fanaticism. I guess you're consistent in trying to recruit members to the dark side. I'm onto you.

4 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I'm laughing at Kristin's warning. She makes us sound so... so... well... so diabolical! Bwahahahahahahahaha

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

You're well on your way with that knitting on the round (which looks good, by the way). Heh heh. Welcome to the dark side. :-)

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Be sure to post a picture when you join and work a couple of rounds. Since I never managed to find written instructions (relying instead on the video -- sound muted -- from knitting help.com), I was pretty much in the dark at joining. So doing it felt like quite the accomplishment.

I'm knitting blissfully toward the toe right now. I'm sooooo haaappppyyyyyyy ....

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger miss ewe said...

The force is strong in this one. I feel the conflict within you -- let go your hate and join us!

(I love sock-knitting)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home