Friday, February 09, 2007

Favorite Color Swap 2 answers

Good luck to my swap partner figuring out what to get. As I filled this out, I realized I'm no help at all.

1. What are your top three favorite colors?

Green, red, and blue. And no, I didn't pick them because they're the three colors in component video.

2. What crafts do you really enjoy?

Knitting.

3. What products do you really covet?

A high-definition television, but don't worry, I'm not expecting that. (I would be freaked out if one did arrive, so you're off the hook.) I'm still relatively new to all this, so I'm not sure how to answer. My readers are concerned that my stash is not large enough, so yarn is always good.

4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things?

Going to the movies, listening to music, reading, playing and watching sports, and writing.

5. Is there anything you collect?

Nothing comes to mind. I have a lot of CDs and DVDs, but I don't know that they satisfy the question's intent.

6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol?

Virgo and (I had to look this up) Ox.

7.What are your favorite…

…scents/smells?

Can't say I've thought much about this. Vanilla, sandalwood, and lavender. There are some answers.

…types of music and/or bands?

And here I could go on at length. I'm partial to what at one point was called modern rock/alternative rock, terms which are mostly useless these days. I also like alt.country and Britpop (think along the lines of Blur, Oasis, and the like, not all those prefab groups). Naming artists/bands is probably easier.

The Beatles, Belle & Sebastian, Neko Case, Johnny Cash, Fountains of Wayne, Guided by Voices, Radiohead, R.E.M., The Rolling Stones, Sufjan Stevens, U2, The Who, Wilco, and Kelly Willis to name a few.

…authors?

I like "the classics", so Jane Austen, John Steinbeck, and Ernest Hemingway would be on that list. Of contemporary authors, Douglas Coupland, Nick Hornby, Jhumpa Lahiri, Michael Chabon, and Dave Eggers immediately spring to mind.

…animals?

I don't know. I like dogs. I don't have one, though.

…places to shop?

Again, I'm no help. Target and Best Buy are where I go most often other than the grocery store. (Sorry independent record store owners. Your prices are often too high, as are your self-important attitudes.)

…season?

Easy. Fall.

…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies?

Again, i don't think I've been doing this long enough to give a proper answer. I have liked the feel of Dark Horse Yarns, and Knit Picks has treated me well so far.

…candies or goodies?

Chocolate's good. I've probably eaten dark chocolate more than milk in recent months, but I won't turn down either.

8. Do you have any wish lists?

My Amazon.com Wish List

9. Are you allergic to anything?

Nothing that should matter for this. Please don't send a box full of pollen, though.

10. Do you have any pets? What are they?

I don't have any pets.

11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy.

I work in television and am a film critic. No, you've probably never heard of me.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll even throw that open to the rest of you. Sorry to be so difficult.

6 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Places you like to shop: iTunes, right? I'm not part of the swap, but if I were, I'd get you iTunes bucks cuz I know you've mentioned your iPod several times in your posts.

Hope that helped whoever is out there reading : )

Oh yeah, and if that's a bad idea, comment so I'm not leading someone astray ; )

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Knit Picks gift card...? What shades of red, green and blue? Dark blue? Light blue? Ocean blue? Fire engine red? Cranberry red? You were the one who groused about your brother not giving you a more specific shade of green for his scarf! What about a knitting book? A how to book?

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

I've only purchased one album via iTunes, but I wouldn't turn down any bucks there. It's old fashioned, but I still prefer having the actual disc versus a download, even though the only times I've picked up CDs in the past year has been to rip them to my computer.

I don't have any idea what to expect in this swap, and I'm puzzled at what to get for my pal. A Knit Picks gift card would be nice.

Fair enough on the colors. I don't know the names of the shades, so suffice it to say that I prefer more saturated shades over the lighter shades. Definitely the medium to darker greens.

Better?

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, then -- keep going.......

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

Presumed secret pal, you'll have to clarify what you want me to get more specific about. At least that's how I'm reading the comment.

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, if I'm going to shear my yak, get the wool spun, and dye it dark green, I'd better get started, yes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home