Monday, February 12, 2007

The calm before the storm

Currently there's no need to batten down the hatches for the winter storm that TV news is anticipating like some white plague from above. If the local weather forecasters' bluster is to be believed, I'll need to tunnel out of my apartment tomorrow. OK, so I'm exaggerating for effect, but I think the reporting of Tuesday's expected storm is out of control. There were crawls warning of it during last night's prime time programming. At 12:57 this afternoon one of the students at work wondered aloud if classes would be held tomorrow. Keep in mind that nothing has fallen yet, and I'm writing this eight and half hours later.

For no particular reason other than I haven't done it in forever, I made some chocolate chip cookies this evening. And that's all I have to say about that.

The scarves for Donna and Noel arrived in Arkansas today, so I should have pictures to share soon. Donna said she was going to wear hers during class tonight. What a wonderful compliment. Reading that made my day.

Of course, she must have good taste if she's showing that most excellent Wong Kar-wai film 2046, his follow-up to the swoon-worthy In the Mood for Love, in class. They're gorgeous heartaches of films, although those unschooled in Hong Kong mood pieces might not be so smitten.

There's been no knitting today. I'm still shying away from trying to fix Jennifer's scarf, and I haven't sorted out what I'm going to do next. I am far behind on my TV watching. (Yeah, I know that sounds absurd.) I have a few shows on the DVR that are fine for knitting--in other words, I don't have to look up that much to follow the action--so I think I might start another hat while tearing through some of those.

If you're my Favorite Color Swap 2 secret pal, hopefully you've made some sense of my answers. Having never done one of these before, I'm not sure what I should expect or how I should help you. Pity the poor soul who got me as her secret pal. I had to look up one of her colors to know what it was. Knitting has been an education in fabrics and colors, that's for sure.

4 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll do fine with the swap, out of interest what was the colour? The biscuits (sorry cookies)look delicious.

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

those cookies are makin' me hungry and it's only six am haha

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Karen said...

How's it look down your way now? It's snowing and blowing like crazy up here now. You're supposed to get more snow than I am, I believe.

I've spent the day making chili, feeding the woodstove, and knitting my green sweater.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

The color in question was periwinkle. I was pretty sure it was a lighter shade of blue, but that's as much as I knew.

It seems to have stopped snowing for the time being, although the freezing rain is coming now. The college closed at 1:00, although I've been trying to do some work from home.

What I really need is a nap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home