Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow day


I wasn't expecting, but was pleasantly surprised, to wake up and find that today was a snow day. I was going to have a fairly full day of writing ahead of me at the office, so to get an extra day and the freedom to work from home to accomplish all (or part) of that was very welcome.

We've had one of the snowiest Februarys on record here--25.1 inches as of this morning, which doesn't include today's snowfall--and a steady amount of the white stuff this season, but this was the first time I got a full day off. I don't know if I could say I made the most of it, but I finished two-thirds of what I need to have written for tomorrow.

Plus, there was plenty of Winter Olympics viewing, including two complete curling matches. I'd been wishing these Games fell during vacation time so I could watch more of the daytime coverage, so a snow day was a gift.

Eventually I ventured outside to trudge over to the rental office to retrieve a package. Tramping through the shin high drifts took me back to childhood days when slipping into a snowsuit and playing in the white stuff was one of the best parts of winter.

I've been stressed out about a lot of things lately, so having this free day to do with as I pleased was a real relief that I very much needed. Yes, I did spend a significant portion of it working, but I've removed some of the pressure I would otherwise be facing if I hadn't tackled that workload. I'm not going to get greedy and wish to get tomorrow off, but one of these every once in awhile is good for what ails you.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home