Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

I confess that I have no particular affinity for Valentine's Day, but I'm not opposed to it either. Honestly, I find the haters' moaning about it being a Hallmark holiday more annoying. For the single and unattached it can be a day to feel a bit lousier than usual, but it's not like that's the intention behind it. That's just how it sometimes works out.

How have I dealt with it in the past? I don't remember. Recent years have found me doing something myself and not being particularly concerned about it, which can be easier said than done but whatever.

Now today did not get off to the best start as the arrival this morning of an e-mail pertaining to a festering sore of a work matter--seriously, when will it ever end?--put me in a foul mood right away. I figured it was best not to forward it along to my co-workers and ruin their weekend as well, so the best way to deal was to go back to sleep for awhile.

Then it was watching the Winter Olympics, having a good early supper at North Market, attending the hockey game (a loss but at least a well-played game), and flipping on the Olympics coverage I recorded while gone.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to think that reveling or moping are the only ways to acknowledge the day. Maybe it's my male perspective that it isn't something that should be a big deal, especially if you have no reason to observe it. Still, I am kind of glad that it will be over for another year.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous LittleWit said...

You know I wondered if you were at the game too! It was a rather fun game, a shame we lost in the shoot out. :( We met some current OU students who were unaware of our amazing hockey team and I think we have them converted. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home