Saturday, February 13, 2010

Participation ribbon

The Olympics are off and running, and I'm going to try to finish a project during them. A few weeks ago I started a hat at the lone knit night I've been able to attend so far this year, but I dropped some stitches off the dpns and wasn't comfortable using four needles, so the WIP was ripped out.

I attempted to restart it a couple times prior to the Winter Games, but one malady or another--twisting the project, casting on one stitch too few, leaving an excessively long tail--led to me frogging it over and over. So it's going in Ravelympics even though it should have had much more done on it already than essentially starting from scratch again.

I'd like to be more fully engaged with Ravelympics than I will be. I won't be challenging myself. I won't be doing very much. If I can just get one hat done--something I have been able to whip out within 24 hours of starting--I'll be satisfied. Right now that's an achievement in itself.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home