Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thud

As I was scanning my entries from last January to find some information, I discovered that in this stretch of the calendar the blog kind of grinds to a halt even though I'm tacking up something every day.

It's no mystery. Classes resume, so work picks up. I'm putting the finishing touches on something I do as the leader of a group. I'm also getting ready for a couple of additional projects that spring up annually. Add to that the potential for very cold temperatures, which we've had, and it's no secret why I'm drained by the time it comes to writing something here.

With nowhere in particular to go today, the rat race of the past week--and let's face it, weeks before that--caught up with me. I conked out after a late lunch and slept about as deeply as I have in some time. It was the kind of sleep where even when I was slowly waking up, I just laid there without the energy to open my eyes. I knew I'd been out for a fair amount of time as I could hear the TV announcers saying how much of the football game I'd dozed through. Eventually I dragged myself into an upright position reenergized but still sort of hollowed out.

I'm coming off a productive week. I hope to accomplish some things this week that will put me a little ahead so that I don't have to push so hard. I get done what I need to get done, mostly. (My apartment is a mess.) If only the things checked off on the list included recharging in a timely manner.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home