Friday, January 01, 2010

A new year

Considering how work and output-focused our society is, I'm always a little surprised that (for most) the first day of the year is dedicated to a day of rest and celebration rather than putting noses to the grindstones. Even the grocery stores cut back when they're open, and they are almost never closed during prime waking hours.

It's a day that I cherish because I'm usually in need of recharging right now. Just like it's good to warm up before exercising, I find that it's helpful to ease into a new year. Activity will ramp up soon enough. (Oh, will it ever.) What could be better than to sample the Rose Bowl parade, various football games, watch a movie or two, and carve out a nap in there as well?

I've had a quiet day that has allowed me to relax and even cook a little, which is something I ought to do more in 2010. There are 364 other days to be productive this year. This one is for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home