Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Resolutions revisited

So apparently I made some knitting resolutions for 2009. How did I do?

I didn't mess with cables at all. If memory serves, I did not pick up one UFO. I didn't remotely consider making a sweater or sweater vest. I'm not exactly sure that I took better care of myself. (At best it's probably a split decision.) I certainly didn't organize my puny stash. I did blog every day. I did figure out color work, more or less.

Err, that's not very good, is it? (Actually, secret knitter, that's terrible.) I know that my knitting hit a screeching halt for an extended period of time due to lack of ideas and being busy in general but still...

For the time being I'm not going to establish any 2010 resolutions, not because I failed at keeping last year's but because my head just isn't in the right place for it. Like this time last year, I'm extremely busy and don't feel like exerting the mental energy to come up with a list. I'm thinking about making a pair of socks, but I have a couple items that need to get on the needles first because they are owed to the recipients.

So for now, the strategy is to do what I can. Try to knit more this year. It's hard when I'm not home for eleven to thirteen hours of the day or working on things from home. (This has also affected my semi-professionally oriented blog, in part due to lacking the will to put extra time in it. There was another reason, but I think it has abated as a cause for my dereliction of duty there.) Still, I can do better, and at the worst it'll give me something to write about here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home