Sunday, December 27, 2009

Through the woods

Tucked under a close-up of my artificial Christmas tree is a blog entry typed out of necessity. Daily blogging, you know.

The return portion of my holiday travel will commence early Monday morning. Wisely or not, I decided to wait out the snow hitting northwestern Indiana today and stick around my parents' home another day. Instead of battling the weather, the road, and holiday traffic, I stayed in. Football was viewed, napping was done, and Wii games and cards were played.

The drive here was more treacherous than I cared for. Whether that trip is indicative of the condition of my tires or the slick surfaces they were sliding on is to be determined. (I'm hoping it's the latter.) At least this time I'll be driving mostly in daylight, which will provide some relief if I have long stretches where I feel like I may lose control at any moment.

Christmas with the family was good, but it's time to get back to work for a couple of exceedingly long days and (probably) face the latest in a long, ongoing battle on that front. I'd prefer to ease into the end of the year, but that's just not how things are working. For now, I'll settle for a safe, unexciting drive back there. The rest can be dealt with when it's more immediate.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home